The Council on the Role and Status of Women in Social Work Education is a council of the Commission on Diversity and Social and Economic Justice. The Council is responsible for the development of educational resources relevant to women's issues within social work education. The council works to eliminate all procedures within academia that hinder the full participation of women, makes recommendations to the Board on all matters of policy, and initiates and coordinates programs and activities related to women in social work education.
Council on the Role and Status of Women in Social Work Education is charged with the following functions:
- To carry major responsibility for the Council's development of curriculum materials related to women's issues in social work education
- To identify procedures within academe and social work education which impede full participation of women
- To recommend to the Board policy statements, or development or modification on internal policy
- To assist in coordinating activities related to women at all levels of social work education
- To stimulate new programs and activities