The Gero-Ed Center is the primary source for quality gerontological competency-based curriculum resources designed by faculty and students nationwide who have participated in Hartford curriculum development programs.
This Teaching Tools section encompasses:
- Teaching Infusion Resources – search for bibliographies, case studies, teaching modules, syllabi, and other materials by resource type, generalist or advanced level, practice behavior, or topic area.
- HPPAE – access resources for the Hartford Partnership Program for Aging Education (HPPAE), an innovative field educational model to recruit and prepare students with geriatric social work competencies.
- 2015 WHCOA Resources – the Center collaborated with social work educators to develop teaching resources on the primary issues outlined by the 2015 White House Conference on Aging (WHCOA).
- Webinars – view Center-produced webinars on a variety of topics related to gerontological social work practice and education.
- Practice Innovations – review exciting advances in social work practice with older adults, including transitional care and intervention models.
- Media Resources – view media resources that will assist you in teaching about gerontological issues within required social work courses.
- Gero Competencies – download the Advanced Gero Social Work Practice Guide, which includes a listing of class exercises, assignments, and research articles; review competencies guidelines and scales; and read the history of the gero competencies.
- Research and Statistics – browse a list of annotated websites containing aging-related statistics for your teaching and research needs.