The Gero-Ed Center is the primary source for quality gerontological competency-based curriculum resources designed by faculty and students nationwide who have participated in Hartford curriculum development programs.
This Teaching Tools section encompasses:
- Gero Ed Consultants – receive FREE virtual consultation from a social work faculty member who has successfully "gerontologized" their social work program through infusion or specialization; ask questions and get support for your own gero curricular efforts from these experienced Gerontology Education Consultants.
- Gero Competencies – download the Advanced Gero Social Work Practice Guide, which includes a listing of class exercises, assignments, and research articles; review competencies guidelines and scales; and read the history of the gero competencies.
- Teaching Infusion Resources – search for bibliographies, case studies, teaching modules, syllabi, and other materials by resource type, generalist or advanced level, practice behavior, or topic area.
- Program Infusion Resources – review curriculum change fundamentals, innovations, and lessons learned, provided by faculty who have infused their social work programs; and download curriculum and stakeholder gero knowledge and attitude assessments.
- Teaching Gero Videos – view five teaching vignettes that will assist you in teaching about gerontological issues within required social work courses.
- Research and Statistics – browse a list of annotated websites containing aging-related statistics for your teaching and research needs.