- Are you a newly hired faculty member, having recently completed your doctoral program, and want help “gerontologizing” your courses?
- Have you just moved to a new institution, and wish to infuse more gerontology in your new courses?
- Perhaps you’ve never had a chance to participate in a Hartford-funded gero curriculum initiative, and wish to embark on your own gero infusion process?
- Are you interested in designing and implementing a specialized gerontology structure, such as an area of emphasis, certificate program, or concentration?
- Maybe you just want to talk to someone “who’s been there” about how to better prepare your students to work with older adults and their families?
The CSWE Gero-Ed Center’s Gerontology Education Consultants are here to help you!
Gerontology Education – or Gero Ed – Consultants are social work faculty members who have successfully infused gerontological competencies and content in their curriculum and/or have implemented a specialized gerontology structure (area of emphasis, certificate, specialization, etc.) in their social work program. Gero Ed Consultants have participated for at least two years in a Hartford-funded initiative – and most have several more years’ experience with gero curriculum enrichment.
Download the Gero Ed Consultant List for access to 25 gero curriculum experts across a range of degree levels, program sizes, and generalist and advanced curricula – with experience in faculty engagement, student recruitment, experiential learning, interdisciplinary education, teaching methods, specialized course development, and several other specialty areas.