2013 Partners in International Education (PIE) Call for Nominations
Receipt Deadline: Friday, June 28, 2013 (11:59 pm EDT)
The CSWE Commission on Global Social Work Education is pleased to announce the ninth annual awards program,recognizing the contribution of individuals, degree-granting social work education programs, and organizations as partners in advancing education for international social work. The PIE awards are given in recognition of conceptual, curricular, and programmatic innovations in education for international social work. Priority is given to U.S.-based nominees.
The 2013–2014 PIE awards will be presented at a special reception sponsored by the CSWE Commission on Global Social Work Education during CSWE’s Annual Program Meeting in Dallas, Texas (October 31–November 3, 2013).
Up to three awards are given annually—one for each of the following categories of contributors to education for international social work.
- Degree-granting social work education programs
- National and international organizations
Award recipients receive an engraved plaque in recognition of their contributions to the advancement of education for international social work. Awards are presented jointly by the chair of the CSWE Commission on Global Social Work Education and the chair of the PIE Awards Committee.
Letters of nomination for PIE award candidates must include the following:
- the name and contact information for each nominee;
- the nominator’s rationale for the nomination (with a clear statement concerning the innovations made by the nominee in advancing education for international social work);
- documentation in support of the nomination (e.g., a current curriculum vitae and copies of selected publications for individual nominees or, in the case of organizational nominees, copies of relevant stories concerning the nominee organization in the public media, as well as a detailed description of the activities engaged in by the nominee that contribute to the advancement of education for international social work); and
- other materials that nominators believe would be helpful to the PIE Awards Committee in reviewing the merits of nominees. Please limit submission materials to six pages, excluding CVs (for individuals).
Nominations are open to individuals, social work programs, and organizations located either within or outside the United States. Preference will be given to nominations that have a demonstrable linkage to the advancement of education for international social work in the United States. Letters of nomination must be submitted in electronic form only.
Electronic copies of all nominations should be e-mailed to email@example.com. Nominations must be received by e-mail no later than Friday, June 28, 2013.