The National Institutes of Health (NIH) continues to roll out initiatives for allocating new funds received under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This week the agency announced plans to award administrative and competitive revision supplements for projects already funded by NIH. This includes supplements for summer research experiences for students and educators.
Supplements are intended to support the creation of research jobs performed by high school and undergraduate students, science educators from the elementary through high school continuum, and community college faculty as well as faculty from non-research intensive institutions. These individuals are expected to work on activities within the existing peer reviewed and approved scope of the funded project.
- Each institute has specific guidance for its grantees.
- Receipt dates vary, but most will be in mid/late April.
- Requests must be submitted directly to the funding Institute, preferably via email.
- Format of requests is detailed in the notice.
- Summer salary support and an additional $1000 per person may be requested.
Because the requests are for summer employment, submission dates and institute action will of necessity be accelerated. The notice for these supplements is at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-09-060.html.
CSWE Contact: Wendy Naus, email@example.com