2012 APM Accepted Presenter Compliance Policy
All accepted presenters for the 2012 APM are required to complete the following two actions by Friday, June 8, 2012, a deadline 7 weeks after they will have received notifications on April 27, 2012, their proposals were accepted for the 2012 APM.
- The primary presenter is responsible for ensuring compliance with this requirement for all presenters.
- Any accepted presenter who fails to meet that policy's June 8, 2012, deadline will be removed from the 2012 APM program. In cases where full funding for the compliance requirements will be provided by the presenter's employer and access to that support is July 1, 2012, the presenter may contact CSWE no later than May 23 to request a June 8 deadline exception. The exception request will involve the presenter's dean, director, or financial officer.
- This policy was implemented in response to feedback from meeting participants. The most overwhelming source of dissatisfaction with past meetings has been the number of presenters who fail to show up for their presentations. This leaves gaps in the program and takes available presentation times from other individuals who may have been rejected for presentation due to lack of space.
- Should you have questions about this policy, please forward them to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox. They will be shared with the Council on Conferences and Faculty Development.
Action 1 of 2: Active CSWE Membership by Friday, June 8, 2012
- Individuals are not required to be active CSWE individual members in order to submit a proposal. However, all accepted presenters must be either active CSWE individual members or be eligible for a membership waiver. To have active membership for the 2012 APM, one must hold active membership on October 31, 2012. CSWE members whose current memberships expire between June 30, 2012, and October 31, 2012, may renew those memberships as scheduled before their individual expiration dates.
- Membership waivers are granted on a case-by-case basis using the following five criteria:
- The presenter is a social work practitioner
- Or a practitioner or an academician in another discipline (i.e., nursing)
- Or an academician from outside the United States
- Or a full-time student enrolled in a degree program at the baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral level. To qualify for this consideration, a student cannot hold a full-time academic appointment.
- Or is associated with a CSWE Organization Membership
All requests for membership waivers are to be submitted via the online proposal submission system at the time a proposal is submitted; CSWE will not accept any other requests for membership waivers. By May 18, 2012, CSWE will contact those accepted presenters who have membership waiver request records to inform them of the outcome regarding the waiver request.
Important: A CSWE membership waiver does not grant complimentary registration for the 2012 APM. It waives only the requirement for active membership in CSWE.
Action 2 of 2: 2012 APM Pre-Registration by Friday, June 8, 2012
All accepted presenters are required to pre-register for the 2012 APM and select the appropriate registration category. Those who receive a CSWE membership waiver must select a nonmember registration category.