Poster sessions are 90 minutes in length.
- This format is a great way to engage conference participants and address the interests of APM attendees by presenting a topic with graphics and visual aids on a poster board in the Exhibit Hall.
- The APM provides the backing boards and pins for posters while presenters provide all items to be attached to the boards.
- There will be no audio/visual equipment allowed in poster sessions.
- Poster boards are 4’ X 8’. Poster presentations (whether laminated or printed on regular business paper) must be no more than 3.5’ x 7.5’ in order to fit on the poster boards. Only push pins may be used to affix poster presentations to the boards—using tape or Velcro damages the boards and is therefore prohibited.
- Poster presenters stand beside their posters and discuss their work one-on-one or in small groups with attendees. Most attendees wander through the posters, stopping to review or discuss those that pique their interest.
- Many poster presenters supplement their posters with a handout that summarizes their work and provides contact information for further follow-up.