Monday, November 12
9:00 am–5:00 pm
The CSWE Office of Social Work Accreditation is seeking persons interested in becoming certified site visitors for the 2008 EPAS. An all-day training session will be offered at the 2012 APM on Monday, November 12. The registration deadline for this workshop is Monday, October 15, 2012. All requirements must be completed by that date.
The 2008 EPAS introduced the concept of competency based education, in which the practice behaviors that operationalize each of the prescribed core competencies guide curriculum design and program assessment. Programs are expected to select and provide curriculum content (knowledge, values, and/or skills) that will produce these practice behaviors in their graduates. This approach to curriculum design differs markedly from that found in the 2001 EPAS, which emphasizes prescribed foundation curriculum content and program objectives.
What are the requirements to be considered for this training?
In order to qualify as a site visitor candidate, you are required to
- hold active CSWE membership status as either a Full Member (Faculty and Administrators or Individual) or an Associate Member Emeritus,
- be a full- or part-time social work faculty member at a CSWE accredited social work program,
- submit a letter of recommendation from your program’s chief administrator,
- submit a copy of your CV either via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to +1.703.683.8099,
- have 5 years of teaching experience,
- participate in training on EPAS before becoming a site visitor, and
- agree to attend EPAS update sessions whenever new standards are developed.
How do I report my interest in being accepted for this training?
Contact Sheila Bell, site visitor coordinator, either by phone (+1.703.519.2042) or by e-mail to report your interest. She will verify your eligibility.
If I am accepted for the November 12 training, how do I register?
Persons accepted for the November 12 training are required to register for the APM. They will be given a coupon code by Sheila Bell to use with their APM registration. There is no charge for the training.
What if I have more questions?
Additional questions can be sent to Sheila Bell.