The Letter of Institutional Intent is a narrative that provides clear, complete, and sufficient information regarding the program and institution’s intent to start a social work program. The letter must include the following:
- A discussion of the institution’s mission and the relationship of the social work program to that mission
- An analysis of the relationship of the proposed program to the institution’s strategic or long-range plan
- A discussion of the costs (including a projected budget) of the program and the benefits or advantages that the institution expects to receive relative to these costs
- Preliminary ideas about the mission and goals of the social work program
- A summary of the program’s initial development activities
Note: If a program is part of a “collaborative,” both institutions must meet eligibility requirements and turn in separate Letters of Institutional Intent and Candidacy Eligibility Applications.