Women's Council Charge
The Council on the Role and Status of Women in Social Work Education is a council of the Commission on Diversity and Social and Economic Justice. The Council is responsible for providing awareness about the status and role of individuals who identify as women in social work education. The Council also works for the full participation of individuals who identify as women, uplifting the work of individuals who identify as women in social work education, facilitating mentorships for peers, junior faculty, and students through their edcuational journey and into leadership positions in social work education.
Council on the Role and Status of Women in Social Work Education is charged with the following functions:
- To uplift the voices and work of people who identify as women from all racial/ethnic backgrounds and diverse identities in social work education;
- To further develop the availability of social work education curriculum materials and faculty development opportunities related explicitly to feminism and womanism;
- To recommend policy statements, procedures, and activities that advance inclusion and affirmation within social work education of people who identify as women;
- To facilitate mentorship of students and junior faculty who identify as women through their careers and educational journeys and help lift them to positions of leadership within social work education;
- To identify and advocate for change of any policies, procedures, or activities that impede full and affirming participation within CSWE and social work education by people who identify as women.
This charge was updated in March 2022.