The next application call for the 2024 – 2025 Program Director Academy will open in March 2024!
Participant Requirements and Program Details
The program is for current baccalaureate and master’s program directors who have been in their positions fewer than 3 years. CSWE individual membership or affiliaton with an accredited member program is required at the time of application.
The program requires a 1-year commitment (July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024) and includes participation in the following:
- A Virtual Summer Leadership Institute on July 11, 13, 18 and 20, 2023 (up to 3 hours each day).
- This virtual workshop with cohort participants is designed to build and strengthen administrative and leadership capacity with a focus on management competencies and leadership development for the director role.
- National leaders will speak on the following topics: strategic management, skills of supervision, communication, effective meetings, leadership self-assessment, and resource development as it relates to job function.
- Networking opportunities will be available with other BSW and MSW program directors across the country.
- A full-day Leadership Development Institute held at the CSWE Annual Program Meeting (APM) on October 26, 2023, in Atlanta, GA
- Online modules, webinars, and virtual networking opportunities through the CSWE Learning Academy in spring 2024. Participants will apply and integrate core concepts and competencies from the program to initiatives in their home institutions.
- Quarterly virtual check-ins held October 2023, February 2024, and July 2024. Virtual check-ins will be led by CSWE staff members and invited speakers and provide an opportunity for cohort participants to share resources, engage concerning programmatic concerns, and brainstorm the application of best leadership strategies in their programs.
Program completion reception and certificate presentation at the 2024 APM in Cincinnati, OH, on October 24, 2024.
Applicants must submit a completed application and corresponding materials through the online application system before Monday, April 24, 2023, at 11:59 PM (ET).
Required application materials include
- a completed online application form
- a letter of support from dean, and
- a current CV/résumé.
Applications will be reviewed by CSWE and the CSWE Council on Leadership Development. A limited number of applicants will be accepted, and decisions will be issued on May 31, 2023.
Program Fees and Expenses
The fee for the 2023–2024 Program Director Academy is $1,500, payable on acceptance into the program. This fee covers expenses related to speakers, course materials, and other items. Tuition fee also covers the registration for the 2023 Leadership Development Institute, but not the 2023 APM registration. Participants are responsible for any additional fees related to travel to attend the in-person APM meetings and APM registration. CSWE will provide travel information for these events. If you have questions about the CSWE Program Director Academy, please send an email to [email protected].