The call for proposals is now closed. Proposal decisions were sent in May.
The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) invites proposals for the 65th Annual Program Meeting (APM) in Denver, Colorado, October 24–27, 2019. The theme—Social Work Education: Looking Back, Looking Forward—was selected to reflect on our past and help us envision the future of social work education and practice.
In conjunction with CSWE’s strategic planning process and the Futures Task Force Report, the 2019 APM will focus on honoring and celebrating the history of social work education and examining the nexus of immense opportunities and challenges we face in preparing the next generation of social workers. Given increased globalization, transformations, and advancing technologies, CSWE seeks proposals from multiple perspectives and voices that develop and promote global understanding and support social justice and equity to advance social work education and practice in the following areas:
- Changing Landscape of Higher Education
- Advancements in Curriculum and Pedagogy Across the Continuum of Social Work Education (BSW, MSW, DSW, PhD)
- Evolution of Our Signature Pedagogy: Field Education
- Diversity and Inclusion Issues in Social Work Education
- Changing Role of Social Work Educators
- Global Trends and Transformations in Education
- Preparing Social Workers for the Next Decade
- Social Work Knowledge Creation in the Past, Present, and Future
- Achievements in Social Work History, Advocacy, and Change
- Future Opportunities and Challenges for Social Work Education and Practice
We encourage submissions across all 2019 APM Tracks in the above areas. The 2019 APM program will be developed through two proposal categories:
- Peer-reviewed proposals (Four format options)
- Invited proposals (Five format options)
If you need assistance, please e-mail [email protected].