Continuing EducationCSWE will offer continuing education credits (CEs) for selected preconference events and panels, workshops, and oral presentations during the 2020 Annual Program Meeting (APM). CEs will be offered for synchronous and asynchronous content. On demand sessions will continue to be available following the week of the conference. CEs are not included in the basic APM registration package, but you can add CEs to a new or existing APM registration for an additional $65 fee. The deadline for obtaining CEs from the 2020 Annual Program Meeting is 1/23/2021.
The sessions are appropriate for generalist or clinical social work practice and the degree of difficulty is intermediate. The target audience is social work educators, field directors, and field instructors.
All CEs will be processed through the APM virtual platform. Please follow the instructions below. Email [email protected] with questions or comments.
- Sign in with your email address and APM registration number. If you need assistance locating your registration number, contact [email protected]
- Locate each CE-eligible session you attend via the search or browse functions.
- Click the "evaluate" button for each session to complete the required evaluation form. You will not receive credit for a session that has not been evaluated. You also may not access the session evaluation until the session has been presented.
- On demand sessions must also complete the session post-test and score at least a 80% to received.
- Once all of the session evaluations and posttest have been completed, download your certificates.
GrievancesPlease follow the below outlined procedures to issue a complaint or grievance regarding any matter related to CSWE's continuing education program:
- Complaints or grievances must be submitted in writing to CSWE via mail at 1701 Duke Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314 OR via e-mail to [email protected]
- Complaints will be reviewed by the CE Program Manager and responded to in writing within 30 days of receipt of the written complaint.
- Individuals issuing a complaint/grievance may request to have a phone hearing with the CE Program Manager in the event that they disagree with CSWE's written response.
- A record of all written complaints/grievances and CSWE's written responses are kept on file and reported to the Association of Social Work Board's Approved Continuing Education Program. Summary information is shared with CSWE conference staff to improve future events and services.