Registration rates for the Council on Social Work Education's (CSWE) 2023 Annual Program Meeting (APM) vary by registration category. Please see the descriptions below to determine your registration category.
Membership discount rates are available for faculty, students, staff, and administrators. All registrants will receive the discounted member rate through July 1, 2023.
- Full Member: Faculty and Administrators
Faculty and administrator members are persons holding paid faculty, administrative, or managerial appointments in programs accredited by CSWE.
- Full Member: Individuals
Individual members are individuals affiliated with national, state, local, voluntary, public social welfare, and other professional social work organizations; field instructors with educational responsibilities for students in social work undergraduate and graduate programs; and others who wish to support social work education through membership in CSWE.
- Associate Member: Emeritus
Emeritus members are emeritus faculty members or administrators from CSWE accredited programs and those programs in candidacy status.
- Student Member: Undergraduate/Graduate, Doctoral
In July 2023, students seeking or renewing membership must activate their account on CSWE’s Web site. Post-docs are eligible for the doctoral student registration rate.
- Practitioner or Academician in Non–Social Work Field
Full-time practitioner who does not hold an academic appointment in social work, or a full-time practitioner, or an academician in an allied discipline.
- Social Work Practitioner
Full-time social worker who does not hold an academic appointment or who works for a public or private human service organization.
- Higher Education Librarian
Full-time or part-time librarian employed by a higher education institution.
- Individual From Economically Less-Developed Country
Reduced registration fees are available for individuals coming from these countries only (see list). Classifications are based on the World Bank Country Classifications for low income economies. Nationals from countries listed on this link who are currently in the United States and working/studying in a U.S. agency need to register using the regular registration rate and do not qualify for this discounted rate.
- Child (16 and Younger)
Children 16 and younger accompanying an APM attendee with paid registration. Children must be supervised at all times. Children are not eligible for drawings.
- Guest (17 and Older)
Guests are defined as nonpresenters, non–social work educators or members of program administration, nonpractitioners, or nonstudents who are traveling with an APM attendee with paid registration. Guests are those who do not have a professional interest in attending any functions at the APM and its affiliated meetings. Guests are not eligible for drawings.
- Student Member: (Undergraduate/Graduate or Doctoral)
Full-time or part-time students who are enrolled in accredited programs, or Doctoral students who are studying at accredited programs. Post-docs are eligible for the doctoral student registration rate.
- Nonmember: Student (Undergraduate/Graduate or Doctoral)
Full-time or part-time students who are not enrolled in accredited social work programs. Post-docs are eligible for the doctoral student registration rate.
- Student Volunteer: Students can volunteer for 4-hour consecutive shifts, Thursday through Sunday, October 26-29, 2023, during daytime hours (there are no evening volunteer hours) and pay only $50 for a full conference registration! Students must provide their arrival and departure dates/times, and we will schedule their shifts within those dates (we will not schedule during a student's presentation).
- Students can be full-time or part-time.
- To qualify for the above student categories, the student cannot hold a full-time academic appointment.
- Student enrollment status must be verified for each student registration or membership application and renewal.
- Confirmation of student membership will be sent after review of the required documentation.
- Students must submit verification (see sample letters for one student or multiple students) from their program directors to APM & Student Member with the following documentation:
- Enrollment status (degree level) with projected graduation date for that degree level
- Confirmation that the student does not hold a full-time professional position, including an academic appointment
Exhibitor registration will open in the summer.