CSWE will offer continuing education credits (CEs) for all preconference events and panels, workshops, and oral presentations during the 2019 Annual Program Meeting (APM). CEs are not included in the basic APM registration package, but you can add CEs to a new or existing APM registration here for an additional $65 processing fee.
New for 2019, all CEs will be processed through the online personal scheduler. Please follow the instructions below. The deadline to complete these procedures is January 31, 2020. After this date, the system will be closed. Attendees will not be scanned into sessions but will instead verify their attendance via the evaluation forms. Email [email protected] with questions or comments.
- Sign in with your APM registration number and last name. If you need assistance locating your registration number, contact [email protected].
- Locate each CE-eligible session you attend via the search or browse functions.
- Click the "evaluate" button for each session to complete the required evaluation form. You will not receive credit for a session that has not been evaluated. You also may not access the session evaluation until the session has been presented.
- Once all of the session evaluations have been completed, download your certificate via the "Review Earned CE Hours" button.
NOTE: CSWE is authorized to offer CEs through the Association of Social Work Boards Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. Please note: Although ACE provider CEs are accepted by most U.S. state licensing boards, the final authority for approving any continuing education activity rests with the social work board of the state where you are licensed. Even states that accept ACE approval may have exceptions in terms of courses they will accept. You are responsible for ensuring that CE sessions you attend are eligible for credit with your state licensing board.
The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), provider #1163, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program from January 23, 2018 to January 23, 2021. CSWE maintains responsibility for the program.
Procedures for Complaint and Grievance Management
Please follow the below outlined procedures to issue a complaint or grievance regarding any matter related to CSWE's continuing education program:
- Complaints or grievances must be submitted in writing to CSWE via mail at 1701 Duke Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314 OR via e-mail to [email protected].
- Complaints will be reviewed by the CE Program Manager and responded to in writing within 30 days of receipt of the written complaint.
- Individuals issuing a complaint/grievance may request to have a phone hearing with the CE Program Manager in the event that they disagree with CSWE's written response.
A record of all written complaints/grievances and CSWE's written responses are kept on file and reported to the Association of Social Work Board's Approved Continuing Education Program. Summary information is shared with CSWE conference staff to improve future events and services.