Published on :
September 15, 2021
I am happy to announce that in June 2021 the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Board of Directors voted unanimously to expand Board membership to two students (one at the BSW and one at the MSW level). Please consider nominating a student and/or having students self-nominate/apply for this inaugural opportunity.
CSWE plays an important role for students to learn about social work, advance in their careers, and contribute to the profession as educators.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION POLICY STATEMENT
CSWE is committed to valuing and reflecting the diverse voices, perspectives, and experiences of our members throughout the organization and its programming. The intent of this statement is to provide guidance on including diverse voices and perspectives and to keep diversity, equity, and inclusion in focus as we hire staff, appoint volunteers, elect individuals, and select vendors. This includes but is not limited to culture, race, religion, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, disability, and country of origin of people. Read the full diversity, equity, and inclusion policy statement here.
Question 1: What are the requirements to nominate a colleague or self-nominate a student member to the CSWE Board of Directors?
Question 2: During what time period can nominations be submitted?
- The nominations cycle opens on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on Friday, October 15, 2021.
Question 3: When will student members be appointed to serve on the Board of Directors?
- Student members will be appointed to serve on the CSWE Board of Directors for a 1-year term effective July 1, 2022–June 30, 2023. Student members can reapply to serve for an additional 1-year term following their current term.
Question 4: How many students members will be appointed to serve on the Board of Directors?
- Two student members will be appointed to the Board of Directors. One student from each of the categories of CSWE accredited programs—BSW and MSW.
Question 5: What are the nomination criteria for student members?
- Nominee: CSWE membership is not required
- Nominator: CSWE membership is not required
- Student members will serve on the Board of Directors as nonvoting members with all rights and responsibilities of other nonvoting members of the Board of Directors.
- CSWE will provide financial support for students’ travel and accommodations to its Board meetings.
Question 6: When will the student members be announced?
- The student members will be announced following the fall Board meeting in November.
Question 7: How should additional questions about these nominations be routed?
I look forward to receiving your nominations.
Dr. Saundra Starks, LCSW
CSWE Board of Directors Chair