CSWE Represents Social Work Education
CSWE relies on the participation of members to advance excellence and innovation in social work education and research by providing leadership, ensuring quality in teaching and learning, and strengthening the capacity of our member institutions. CSWE represents everyone who teaches at, studies at, and works for an accredited social work program.
Who belongs to CSWE?
|Full-time and part-time
|Program directors||Field education
|Nonprofit managers||Agency professionals||Consultants||Professionals in related fields|
Member Benefits for Individuals
Advance or Begin Your Career
- Inclusion in the online Individual Members Directory
- Discounted member rate to attend, exhibit, or sponsor the Annual Program Meeting (APM). Group attendance discounts are also available.
- Discounted prices to promote open positions with the CSWE Career Center
- Subscription to CSWE Compass: Navigating Social Work Education & Advocacy, CSWE's weeklynewsletter that includes updates on CSWE’s councils, commissions, and the APM; CSWE program member spotlights; opportunities and resources for members; and advocacy and public policy news.
- Extending membership benefits to staff, faculty, administrators, and students
- A 10% discount on the purchase of CSWE publications
Have a Voice in the Community
- Present to 3,000 social work educators, practitioners, and students attending CSWE's Annual Program Meeting
- Volunteer your knowledge and time by serving on CSWE commissions, councils, committees, and task forces
- Be represented with decision makers through CSWE's advocacy efforts in gaining federal, state, and private support of social work education and shaping public policy
Membership Categories and Dues for Individuals
Choose what's best for you from the following membership categories. These membership dues categories and rates are effective starting July 1, 2022.
Faculty and Administrator Members consist of persons holding paid faculty, administrative or managerial appointments in programs accredited by CSWE and those programs in candidacy status. This category also includes students affiliated with accredited social work programs or programs in candidacy status.
Individual Members consist of individuals affiliated with national, state, local, voluntary, public social welfare agencies, and other professional social work organizations, field instructors with educational responsibilities for students in social work undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as others who wish to support social work education through membership in CSWE.
Associate Member: Retired*
Retired Members consist of retired faculty or administrators from CSWE accredited programs and those programs in candidacy status.
|This information is forthcoming.|
Associate Member: Associate Organization*
Associate Organization Members consist of agencies, institutions, professional libraries and library associations, and other organizations interested in social work education.
|* Non-voting Membership Category|
CSWE Membership Information
Beginning 2022, all CSWE memberships will start on July 1 each year and end on June 30 of the following year.
Link to Program / Join CSWECSWE only accepts online payments by MasterCard, American Express, or Visa credit cards. CSWE no longer accepts purchase orders, check payments, bank transfers, or partial payments for individual memberships.
CSWE membership is non-transferable. The membership fee is non-refundable after a week of a newly initiated or updated membership, or if any of membership benefits were accessed.
For questions about membership, contact the CSWE Membership Department at [email protected].