Policy Practice in Field Education Initiative
The Policy Practice in Field Initiative was created to seed innovation and develop new models for an integrated approach to enhance the policy skill set of all social work students regardless of specialization. Initially funded by The Fund for Social Policy Education and Practice and the Casey Family Programs, this initiative is now generously funded by The New York Community Trust.
Funds provided to CSWE are regranted to schools and programs of social work for field placement and community engagement experiences. Following a structured selection process, awardees are chosen to plan and/or implement innovative projects.
CSWE recently awarded nearly $120,000 in grants to 12 colleges and universities for community engagement and field placement projects. The new grantees are as follows:
- Philander Smith College, Little Rock, AR
- Winona State University, Winona, MN
- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
- Rhode Island College, Providence, RI
- College of State Island-CUNY, Staten Island, NY
- Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL
- University of Buffalo-SUNY, Buffalo, NY
- InterAmerican University, Aguadilla, PR
- Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville, NC
- North Carolina A&T University, Greensboro, NC
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
Congratulations to these social work programs as they begin this exciting work! View the grantees' projects here.
Click here to see past grantees.
Case Study Booklet
We are pleased to share the case study summaries from Cycle 4 of the Policy Practice in Field Education Initiative. Click here for the case studies (PDF).